Spring for Pella double hung window latch catch

A quick learner from Michigan says:
One photo shows the spring. One photo shows the assembly with the top assembly having the spring. One photo shows one catch assembly taken apart. I need minimum two springs.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0847.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0846.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0845.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that spring is not sold separately. If that has broken then you will need an all new lock. 

The bad news is that I don't believe the lock itself is even made anymore. Before I say anything for sure, can you show me a full picture of the lock in undamaged condition? That would give me a better idea of what you have and whether we have an alternative you could try.

A home owner from Michigan says:
Tom,
Unfortunately I'm not at that house right now and probably won't return for almost two weeks. The lock is a normal 180 degree rotation to lock the windows. I'll send you a picture when I return to the house.
Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good, I'll be here whenever you can get that for me.

Just understand now that I'm not 100% optimistic that we will have a good replacement for this. If you have the lock I think you do, then it's a discontinued part that we can't supply. I'd still be happy to look into it, I just don't want to get your hopes up!

A home owner from Michigan says:
Here are some pictures of the latch part. Let me know what you think.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0850.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0849.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0848.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. This is an older style Pella lock that has not been made in many years, to my knowledge. I have had a few customers in the past tell me that they were able to get our 90-213 to work, which is a more modern version, but I've had others tell me that it's not compatible. I've never tried it myself so I can't say for sure, but I would wager that if this lock can work, it would require a bit of handiwork to fit in the window. 

Personally, I'm not optimistic. Pella parts are very, very specific. They intentionally design their hardware so that you can't use alternatives. However, the 90-213 is our best and only option available. You are welcome to try it out if you think you can get it to fit in your window. Just understand that it's not a guarantee.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.