Stanley Bi-Fold Door Guide Wheel with Stepped Flange 7/8-1inch in 1,25 track.

A home owner from Lancaster, PA says:
I believe the 23-172 is for me but the barrel is 3/8.My measurements show closer to 7/16. I expect that will be a simple fix of wrapping it some durable material.

Does this look compatible with my Stanley Stepped/Falnged Guide Wheel?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3733.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3737.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3736.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3734.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3742 2.jpeg
I just wanted to post a clearer picture of the track. Calipers are not exact.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3755.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree, our 23-172 looks like a dead ringer for your old guide; so much so, in fact, that I ran in the back to remeasure it with my own pair of calipers. Wouldn't you know it but our dimensions are just about the same as yours. 

I say "just about" because the base appears to be an uneven hex shape. My exact measurements were .427" at the absolute skinniest and .490" at the absolute fattest. You might want to triple check yours just to see if it aligns.

The dimensions you see on our store page were given to us by the manufacturer directly. I don't know why they labelled this an even 3/8" but if I had to guess then I would say that this is the size of the hole it fits into. Or they just thought it was easier to round up. A LOT of manufacturers label their dimensions that way. Either way, I feel confident that our 23-172 is exactly what you want.

Thank you so much. That really gives me confidence and I so happy I don't need a new track or totally new doors. Thanks for your assistance!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You got it! Please let me know if you ever need anything else.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.