Stanley Seamless tilt latch

A home owner from Toms River, NJ says:

The tilt latches on several of my windows are broken. I would like to replace them with original parts, but I can only find one repair company in Ocean County, NJ, and they aren't very good at returning calls. Since I'm not very handy, I don't want to take the windows apart myself.

I noticed you have replacements that mount on top of the broken latches. Would this be my best course of action?

The depth of the sash is 1 3/4".

I have included photos of the broken latch, an intact one, as well as the label on the window.

If you need any further info please get in touch.

Thank you

Phil 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1817.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1816.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1815.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1814.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1813.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your tilt latch actually resembles the 26-350 reversible tilt latch. Take a look and see how the dimensions below compare to yours. We've also related a few videos on this page to assist you. It also looks like part of the sash frame may also be broken but, unfortunately, that is not something that we can supply. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Alternate image for 26-350
Alternate image for 26-350

Finger lever for 26-350
Finger lever for 26-350

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.