Sugar Creek Storm Door Guides

A quick learner from pennsylvania says:
I have a Sugar creek storm door model 440 lift assist self storing. Purchased in 2006. The guides which allow for the window to move up and down broke. They are pictured below. Can I get replacements?

I also need the slide in rubber guide on the bottom of the door that faces the inside of the door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230428_154212.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This looks like a channel balance. It's somewhat odd to see these on a storm door, but not totally unprecedented. Just note that all of the balances we sell in this style are designed for residential windows, not storm doors. That doesn't mean they can't work, I just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Before we go any further, I'd like a little more information. First, I'd like a clearer and closer photo of the top and bottom nylon fitting. Concerning the bottom fitting, I specifically want to see it from a side profile view. I'd also like a picture of the stamp, assuming your balances have one. I hope they do, otherwise it'll complicate things. Lastly, please tell me the width and depth of the metal channel itself. 

With that data in hand, I'll do my best to find a good match on our site.

Thank you for your response. I believe I have pictures of everything you ask for. The number is hard to see on the picture but I believe it says. 24B BSI
R
K
I also measured the length at 25"
The springs are 11& 1/2"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16831412224042442843127169457500.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16831412910532551838495297081369.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16831413190638658511151919332289.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16831413611844619948877564866924.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16831414531221755351792616050118.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

These are everything I needed to see, thank you! I appreciate it.

Eyeballing the design, I believe these to be our S800-25. That makes a lot of sense, honestly; these have very skinny metal channels at only 3/8" wide, so if you were going to use such an assembly in a storm door, it would be this. Any other size would be too big.

These aren't easy to get a hold of these days but we do still have the S800-25 in stock, with a 24B stamp. Look it over and let me know if you agree, or if you had any questions! The only thing you should really be concerned about is the width of the metal channel. As long as it's 3/8" then you should be good to go.

Close up view of the S800 balance top.
Close up view of the S800 balance top.

Close up view of the S800 balance shoe.
Close up view of the S800 balance shoe.

Tom,
Thank you so much, yes this is exactly what I need the S800-25!! Do I order through you or do I have to go to your website?
I need two.
Profile picture of Tom

Great! I can't place an order for you here, but you may do so from our site at your convenience. You could also call our customer service department at (888) 991-1929 if you'd prefer.

Thanks for considering us and please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.