Tension Spring will Not Hold Window Up

A home owner from GODFREY says:
My window will not stay up and falls down. The tension string seems to sag and not stay taught. Do I need a new channel balance or can I cut the string to make it taught when I raise the window? I have included pictures. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance4.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Your balances appear to be the S795-21 channel balance with a 21B stamp, made for a window weighing 10 to 14lbs. It will have the 19-043 screw-in clip attached to the top of it.

These balances come equipped with the 15-195 1-1/4" T-Lock Balance Shoe, with a closed cam. You'll want to be sure to confirm that the cam on your shoe is actually closed off in the back. If it is an open cam, you'll need the 15-195B which is also 1-1/4" wide (across the bottom of the T). If your shoe happens to have a 1" width, you'll need the 15-194.

Both the 15-195B and 15-194 will need to be added to the cart along with the balances if you confirm that you will need either of them. There is a video attached to this post explaining how to change the shoes out in the event that you need it.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.