This part broke you can see in the 2nd picture

A quick learner from Boston says:
What is this broken part called?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20240311_030749342.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20240311_030730657.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. This is called a pivot bar. Specifically, this looks like a Simonton window one that is no longer made. Simonton created the 26-336 as a replacement before they went out of business. Note that the 26-336 works for some customers who had the same older pivot bar you had, but for others there seems to be issues. I can't say for sure then whether it will work for you, but it's the closest match we have. Take a look and see what you think. There may be an alternative solution, but to determine this, please send me a picture of the pivot shoe (the nylon block in the window track with a metal cam that the pivot bar fits into).

Alternate image for 26-336
Alternate image for 26-336

A quick learner from Boston says:
Thank you for the helpful info. I will follow up with other parts that I am looking for. It's too bad they went out of business I hope I can retrofit them with parts you carry. I would hate to replace all of my windows.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, Bob's not here today but I can help you from here on.

Regarding the pivot bar, Bob is right in that our 26-336 is the best option available. Simonton actually made this specifically to replace the old design you had, but unfortunately it's still not a perfect fit for some older pivot shoes. What will happen is that the front tip will be too fat to fit in the cam of the pivot shoe.

In those situations I find that grinding down the "collar" on the front tip helps it fit into the shoe. So if you find that the 26-336 isn't fitting properly, that's one possible solution. It's a little extra work, and you won't be able to return a part altered in such a way, but it does the trick in my experience.

We have a ton of tricks up our sleeve for this window, too. Even though the old parts aren't made anymore, I don't think you'll need to replace the windows anytime soon. We'll take care of you.

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.