Tilt Window latches

A home owner from Pottstown, Pennsylvania says:
We are preparing our house to sell and need to ensure all windows are in good working order for the inspection.

We've already ordered and installed replacement spiral balances (and the tool to load them). Very simple, following your online videos!

A few tilt window latches are broken, but I can't seem to match them with what you offer. The windows have no manufacturer identification.

Please see attached to identify what we need to order. (Hoping they come with new releases since ours broke upon removal.)

Grateful handyman/homeowner
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window locks.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Glad we've been able to help you thus far! Unfortunately, these tilt latches look like an internal type that are no longer available. What we recommend you do in this instance is see if you could convert the window to surface-mount tilt latches like our 26-228 and 26-299, or 26-193 and 26-194. The video below shows how to do this. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you so much for getting back to me and for sending that video!

I measured both windows requiring latches:
? one is ~1-3/8" wide
? the other is ~1" wide

Do you have anything that narrow?

Thanks and like Red Green says, "If she doesn't find you handsome, at least she should find you handy"!

Tim
Profile picture of Bob

We don't sell a 1" wide tilt latch but the 26-194 and 26-193 as well as the 26-435 would be the closest. The 26-229 & 26-228 and 26-120 & 26-121 measure 1-3/8" wide. Our full selection of surface-mounted latches can also be found here. Take a look and see if you think you could adapt any to your window. 

Thanks for your reply!

I ordered what you suggested earlier:
(2) 26-193
(2) 26-194
(2) 26-228
(2) 26-229
(8) 33-090

Waiting on delivery.
Profile picture of Bob

We appreciate your business! Please let us know if you need anything else and good luck with the repair. 

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.