Tilt latch

A quick learner from Indiana says:
Some of the latches are bad and not functioning and some just have the lever broken. What will replace these
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4899.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4900.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4901.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The best way to identify an internal tilt latch, as well as the sash lever that works with it, is to show us the prongs on the bottom of one of the levers. We'll need to know the length of the prongs, as well as the distance between them. Those dimensions determine all potential replacements, starting with our selection of sash levers here

However, I should stress that many internal tilt latches are no longer made. Your alternative solution would be to see if you could convert your window to surface mount tilt latches like our 26-228 and 26-229, or 26-193 and 26-194. The video below shows how to do this. Check it out.

A quick learner from Indiana says:
Here are some pictures of the lever. One of the prongs is broken off and that's the problem with all of them. Hopefully this helps
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4912.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4913.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4914.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4915.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4916.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for bearing with us during the holiday season. I believe our closest match to this lever is the 26-234. The dimensions below seem pretty close. That said, I can't be entirely certain it's a match without seeing an intact version; what's more, the internal tilt latch that works with this lever is discontinued and not available. That is generally the problem with these internal tilt latch designs--so many of the parts are no longer made. With that in mind, I do think the conversion to surface mount tilt latches as I explained above is the better route for you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Side view of 26-234
Side view of 26-234

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.