Top sash guide

A home owner from Davie says:
Hi
I need to replace the sash guide on the left in the pictures. They break easily. I bought the one on the right on your website (18-044 5/8" kinco) but it is too big. The difference is small. Can you please help me select the correct one on your site?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7237.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7239.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear the 18-044 didn't work for you. How does the 81-201 compare? This has a closer design, but check the dimensions below. Let me know how they compare to your old guide.

Dimensions for 18-201
Dimensions for 18-201
Alternate view of 18-201
Alternate view of 18-201

A home owner from Davie says:
Yes! this is it! thanks Bob. Mucha appreciated. Do you know if they are made from metal too? the plastic ones break really easily.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Great! I'm glad it's a match.

Unfortunately, there is no metal alternative to this top sash guide that I am aware of. We do still sell a handful of metal top sash guides, but these are not at all popular anymore and are really only used on older windows. None of them are compatible with the 18-201.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Most parts manufacturers have moved away from metal top sash guides and almost exclusively make them in plastic. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.