Top sash won't stay up

A home owner from Allison Park, PA says:
We're thinking we need a new pivot lock based on the part that's snapped off but can't seem to find how best to search for a replacement part. I can't seem to find a manufacturer on the window or sticker but have all the ID information enclosed in the picture.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230916_142208767.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. If the sash won't stay in place, then either the pivot shoes, latches, or window balances are damaged and should be replaced. I'm afraid I can't cross-reference any information on that label with parts in our database--with rare exception, the only reliable way to ID replacement parts is to show us the originals. If you can show us the components in the window tracks of the upper sash, that would be a good start--removing them for a closer look would be even more preferable. From there we'll do our best to narrow down what you might need. 

Hi there, it's broken now on two windows. Should I consider replacing the windows or is this type of part replaceable?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16950452550871140982656042657349.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks! This appears to be a match for our 15-215 pivot shoe. Check it out and let me know what you think. As long as the width and thickness match then I feel confident that this will work for you.

Alternate image for 15-215
Alternate image for 15-215

if we also need the metal sheet that sits in the shoe, do you sell that as well?
Profile picture of Bob

Are you referring to the coil spring? If so, you can buy the shoe and spring together as a set under our Series 140. Look this over and let me know if that's what you're referring to.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.