Trouble with Sliding Door

A home owner from San Francisco, Ca 94116 says:
Live by the ocean beach. Three springs in the lock failed. Replaced the lock with better parts. My wife just received 2 OBLTCV03. Lock with 2 keys each. Take problem is not with the lock. The latch one times hangs up. There is one screw on the lock mechanism. I hesitated to remove the lock to check out how it works. The back of the lock connects to a piece that protrudes from the front of the sliding door that operates the latch. The other side of the door has a built in tab that operates the latch from the inside. With the inside handle removed, I can operate the latch with a flat head screw driver. Is it an easy fix? Don't want parts? to drop inside the door frame. Any suggestions? Any help will be appreciated. Love your sliding patio door, don
A home owner from San Francisco, Ca 94116 says:

Here is the photo with latch out. I did not see the upload early. The other photo is in my iPad. I did not want to take the handles apart again to take a photo of the front of the protruding part of the mechanism that connect to the back of the lock. I will try to figure it out. Don

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Don. If I understand your post, it sounds like you're having trouble with the mortise. Looking at your photos, my top recommendation would be the 82-243. This is a stainless steel version of the original mortise and should hold up much better in the salt air.

As for the mortise falling into a door, that is a risk when replacing these. The trick is to hold firmly to the hook with a pair of pliers during installation. The video below will show you what I mean.

How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.