Truth Window rehab

A home owner from Marietta, GA says:
Refurbishing my 43 year old Truth windows. The house was built in 1980 and I assume they are the original windows. I would like to replace the weather seal as it has disintegrated on most of the sashes.

The attached pictures show that it is about 3/4 of an inch with a 1/4 deep kerf thingy (my technical knowledge was tapped out at "sashes"). Please let me know if you have a product that will serve as a replacement.

Thanks,
Scott
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageOrcPcm.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageMz0zPy.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage148bBl.gif
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Scott. No worries, that's why they have us worry about the technical stuff. This appears to be a leaf seal, which helps keep the window nice and insulated. Specifically you might have the 55-106, which is really similar in shape--but you'll need to compare the dimensions listed below with the end profile of your old seal to confirm. Try and be precise as possible, since as you can see, seal dimensions get pretty specific. Let me know if anything differs.

Profile view with measurements of the leaf weather seal
Profile view with measurements of the leaf weather seal

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.