Channel Balance Question

A quick learner from Fl. says:
Hello. Trying to find part #2930. Bsi. Window balancers..Is there a different part # now for that part. It is 30 inches long and half inch wide on top with those extra wing plastic on sides...thanks I'll keep looking Ray
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Ray,

Thanks for reaching out!  I am confident we have a replacement balance we can supply you with however, to be absolutely sure I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window.

I am specifically looking to see a photo of the top and bottom plastic attachments from the balance. The stamp provided only indicates the weight range the balance can carry to support the sash. Unfortunately, it cannot identify the exact series needed to repair your windows.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for responding..will get back to you ....halfadayray

I'm happy to help! Please send the information when you are able.

Have a great day!

Hello. Gettin closer...if those 2930 bsi.with the 1 inch by three thirtyseconds rounded ends. By 30 inches work,I'll be needing 16 of them plus the sash caps which I'll get that info to you..the other photo of the other bottom is also 30 inches long.illbe needing four of those..the sash caps for those two windows seem different...I'll check it closer..thank you for your time and patience...will try and send two more photos of the sash end caps tomorrow if they'll upload..talk soon to confirm order...don't know why the pictures seem so blurry.Peace out. Ray
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Top
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Winged Shoe

Thanks for the photos. Your balances appear to be either the S380-30 with a 1" shoe or the S385-30 with a 1-3/32" shoe. The metal channels of these balances are 30".

To determine which series is needed for your window, double check the dimensions from the diagram below to confirm the depth of your bottom shoe.

You'll need to select the 2930 stamp option.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Hi. Think I have the correct balancers and have them in the cart...having trouble matching these top sash window guides..not sure if pictures came through.heres another one..if you can match it I need 16 of them.sent another picture earlier of a lighter colored one.not sure if you got that one.. I'll need 4 of those.I'd send another picture of it now but reinstalled it
If you didn't get the lighter colored piece picture let me know and I'll get a picture to you...thanks again Ray
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Hi here's that other guide I spoke of..if you can match it up I'll be needing 4 of those. Thanks again

Hi Ray,

The top sash guide in your first set of photos reminds me of the 18-015 PGT Top Sash Guide. The guide in the following post looks a lot like the 18-161 Norandex Sash Guide.

To confirm if these are the correct replacements, carefully review and compare the dimensions shown below.

Alternate view of 18-015
Alternate view of 18-015

Alternate view of 18-015
Alternate view of 18-015

Detail of 18-161
Detail of 18-161

Profile view of 18-161
Profile view of 18-161

Morning. Thanks for all your help...I put in the order and we'll see how it all works out..Your web site and customer service are excellent and appreciated by this ol timer..Have a great day. Peace and love to ya. Halfaday

I'm happy to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any future hardware repair projects you might have.

Have a great day!

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.