Upgrading bifold cabinet doors

A handy person from Auburn, Alabama says:

I have two old cabinets with double bifold doors as shown in the first image. The doors are not restrained, so they tend to flop out when opened as in the second image. The trim around the doors hides magnets, which hold the doors tight when closed (4th image). I would like to add tracks much like my closet door in the 4th image. The total length of the four doors is 64 inches. I'm thinking I could use a six-foot track, cut it to fit, and hide it behind the trim as I did with the magnets. I think I could use the Bi-fold Top Roller Guide mounted on a block just behind the door. I would continue using the existing hinges. I have all these items in my cart, but I didn't want to complete the order until I checked to see if this is a workable plan. Thanks,

Charles

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230911_120148_1000W.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230911_105845_1000T.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230911_104902_1000W.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230911_104750_1000W.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We believe that the 6' long 23-507 track kit should work for your application. Keep in mind that you might have to trim the doors down to allow space for the track and bottom corner brackets. Thanks for posting. 

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.