Vinyl Retainers for removable storm window/ screen I believe an older Anderson 3000 Storm Doorb

A quick learner says:
This is an older storm door with removal glass and screen with vinyl retainer strips which have cracked and broken.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The problem with these long retainer strips is that every different door company changes the style that they use almost every year. This makes it next to impossible for companies like ours to keep up. As such, we suggest considering something like our 70-180 storm door clip and drilling a hole for a 33-020 screw. Otherwise, you'll need to contact Andersen or one of their dealers to see if they can supply an exact replacement. 

A quick learner from Bsttle Creek says:

Thanks,

I had ordered the replacement from Anderson and they were not even close. The storm door is sturdy but the plastic inserts are fragile not made to last the life of the door.

I've ordered the storm door insert clips and screws from your company already and appreciate your response.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.