WINDOWS FROM 2003

A home owner from cumming ga says:
I Can't remember the manufacturer but they are out of business. they are standard builder grade bottom only tilt out. i have a total of two window with this problem.
what do you advise? there were no identifying numbers i could see.
Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1102.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1098.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1099.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1101.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1097.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your spiral balances look like they could be either the Series 900 (3/8" diameter) or the Series 600 (5/8" diameter). To determine which balances are needed for your window you'll need to remove them from the window to confirm the diameter and the other information needed to properly identify your balances.

You'll also need to remove the shoe from the window as well. I am unable to identify it because the view of it is obstructed by the window channel.

Take a look at the videos below for the details about what we'll need to identify your balances and how to remove the pivot shoe from the window.

A home owner from Georgia says:
I'm attaching revised photos i hope will let you know what i need. i need replacements parts for both sides for a total of 2 windows the same size the shoe is 2" in length i was afraid it would break if i kept forcing it out. The top of the mechanism attaches with a screw
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1115.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1114.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1113.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1116.jpg

To determine which balances are needed for your window you'll need to confirm the diameter of the balances. As explained, they could be either the Series 900 with 3/8" diameter or the Series 600 with a 5/8" diameter. You'll also need to confirm the length.

Your shoe looks like it could possibly be the 15-045, however, to confirm this, you'll need to compare all of the measurements. The height is important but the thickness and the width are just a bit more important to confirm, especially the thickness. To confirm that, you'll need to have them removed, unfortunately there isn't any way around that.

Dimensions for 15-045
Dimensions for 15-045

I strongly recommend taking a look at the videos provided above for the details needed to select the correct balances for your windows as well as how to remove the shoe. 

balances are 35 inches long and 3/8 inches wide. I'm attaching pictures of the shoe measurements
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail.jpg

These do appear to be the 15-045 pivot shoe. The spiral balance you'll need is the S900-35 with the yellow tip.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Thank you Jasmine. We are getting closer! My spirals are inside a spring type tube. is that included? and a round 34" piece of white plastic encased everything. while the plastic tip does indeed look yellow I believe it to be a yellowed white one.

These balances are made with a metal tube that encases the internal spiral mechanism. Although made differently from what you have, they will still work the same. We've recommended these for the type of balance you have, and used them ourselves, many times. 

If you believe the tip on the balance to be white, then you'll need to select it at checkout. If you are unsure, you can use the chart below the product description of the balance to double check the tip color you'll need based on the weight ranges shown.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.