Wedgeless PVC Window Cam Handle

A home owner from St Lucia / USA says:
Screw hole openings are 2 3/8 " and not the 1 1/2 " shown in your catalog. Else they are identical in every respect . I'm having difficulty sourcing these The plastic wedges are broken in many existing window units and need to be replaced
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9EC5A2FB-A5C2-428E-9417-695F3681787E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 18800D25-A721-40ED-B8EE-057089FE711D.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We have come across your cam lock with 2-3/8" installation holes in the past and, unfortunately, we were not able to track down an exact match. With that being said, take a look at the 38-155. This part has a 1/4" gap between the base of the lock and the wedge. Check to see if the height on your lock and wedge matches the 1/4" gap. If so, you would need to drill new mounting holes to install the new lock handle while being careful not to hit the glass in the window. Review the specifications below and see what you think. Thank you! 

Alternate image for 38-155
Alternate image for 38-155

Alternate view
Alternate view

Yes I saw that part. It is an exact match aside from the mounting holes. I have many windows and was hoping u could find one in the original size. I believe the windows were manufactured in Barbados.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry that we won't be able to supply an exact match for your part. It can be tough to keep up with all of the versions of these types of window parts, which are being discontinued and changed all of the time. I'm not sure if your exact latch is still being made but you could try checking with retailers that carried your windows at one time to see if they might have backstock if this particular part. 

Alternatively can the plastic wedge be removed from the handle? That's actually the only part that is broken - the handles themselves are intact. In my handles it looks like that part is held in with a single screw on the underside . Do u sell the wedges as a standalone part ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, I do not believe that you would be able to swap the wedge and that part is also not available seprately from our cam handles. I'm sorry that we won't be able to offer more assistance with this repair but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. 

Regardless - thank you for all your assistance including detailed drawings
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.