What channel balance would I need to replace this?

A quick learner from USA says:
It measures 29" long and about a half inch wide and deep.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230417_163552.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230417_163549.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230417_163535.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230417_163512.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm afraid this balance is too damaged to identify. In order to help, we would need you to remove an undamaged assembly along with any end fittings or attachments that may still be in the window track.

There does not appear to be any attachments on the end. I do see an embossing that reads b.s.i 2830.
Profile picture of Emily

That's odd, there should be some type of shoe or attachment. Is there a part that the hook in your photos engages with? Can you show us a photo of it? 

I took a second one out and it was no different - the only parts inside were the spring and pully components. Here's the top and bottom when installed.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230419_173551.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230419_173507.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the additional photos! This is a huge help. We've seen this window and balance assembly before but we, unfortunately, don't sell an exact match. The best we can offer is our Series 770 but with the terminal clip swapped out for the 62-105 hook. We can do this via custom order which is nonrefundable. It should work to replace the balance you have here but please note that the Series 770 is designed to install head-on into the jamb. It screws straight in, not from the sides. With that said, it will be difficult to install but not impossible. 

Does this sound good to you? If it does, I will need you to weigh the window sash and tell me the precise weight. The stamp on your balance differs from the ones the Series 770 uses so we will need to re-calibrate the proper spring strength. Can you also tell me the number of balances you'd like to order? 

Thank you for your help. I will need to get 2 of them. What do you mean when you say it is installed head on and that would make it more difficult?
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for confirming! I just still need the sash weight in order to get this moving for you. 

The Series 770 is installed with the exposed spring side of the channel pressed against the jamb, while your old balance installs on the sides of the jamb. 

Thanks. The sash weighs 21 lbs.

I do not have any special tools, will that balance still be able to be installed easily?
Profile picture of Emily

Great. I'll email you a purchase link and price quote for (2) S770-29 balances with the 62-105 hook attached and a 29C stamp. A pair of balances with this stamp will support a sash weighing 18 to 23 pounds. 

It won't be impossible to install this balance but it will be a little tricky as we discussed before. Another customer with the same balance said they had trouble screwing it in from the side since there wasn't much space. With that said, you may want to contact a local professional who can do the job for you. 

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.