What do i need to buy

A home owner says:
i bought a new house, and two windows need a spiral balance mechanism replacement.
One balance mechnisem is completely missing. I measured the length between the upper scerw and the bottom sash and it is 17'.
the second window got broken mechanism. and by the same method of measurement it is 24.5' spiral length.
I need all the accessorys as well. What do i need to buy?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-20230710-WA0012.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-20230710-WA0010.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230701_082816.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we would need to see an intact balance assembly fully removed from the other side of the window to compare to our inventory. We would also need to see detailed photos of any other pieces that you need as well to determine if we carry suitable replacements. Thank you. 

A home owner says:
hi, I don't have the balance assembly fully removed, in case of doubt is it better to take a bit longer spital, or shorter?
I also meed all the pives that goes under the window shash. What are they?
A home owner says:
The actual length is 22'
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230711_083507.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230711_083344.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16890538825664790457024777695904.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Your 22" non-tilt balance resembles our 5/8" diameter S500-22 with a blue tip option. The metal balance bracket was discontinued but you can use the 17-012 as a replacement. I also suggest the 75-006 charging tool to make the installation easier. We also have a guide to help you through the process, which you can view here

As for the bottom nylon guide, unfortunately, we were unable to locate a suitable replacement. For the shorter balances, you may need either a 15" or 16" Series 500 based on your 17" and 24.5" measurements. Keep in mind that measuring the original balance is the best way to ensure that you purchase the correct lengths. 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.