Which keyed handle set will fit my existing mortise lock

A home owner from Kansas City, MO says:

Hello, reaching out as a company installed my sliding door. Window World to be exact. I'm looking to replace the current handle with one that locks. My mortise lock looks just like product code 82-260. And the measurements align. I wanted to be certain that I could replace the handle with product code 82-086. Please let me know if the two are compatible. If not, would I please be guided to a handle that locks that would fit my mortise lock.

Thank you,

Edgar

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mortise Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Multi-Point Mortise Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Patio Door Mortise
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for reaching out! Your mortise lock does appear to be the 82-260 Multi-Point Mortise Lock with a pocket plate but to confirm that this is the right replacement, you'll need to review and compare the dimensions.

Alternate image for 82-260
Alternate image for 82-260

Alternate view of 82-260
Alternate view of 82-260

Based on the setup of the installation holes on the patio door in the background, I do not believe the 82-086 would be the right replacement. It looks like your patio door uses a centered thumb lever. That said, I would suggest using the 82-030A Centered Keyed Handle Set. Take a look and see what you think.

Dimensions for 82-030A
Dimensions for 82-030A

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.