Will #26-410 work for my windows?

A home owner from southwest new mexico says:
Hi--I recently purchased a house and almost all the window tilt latches are broken due to the sun here in the southwest. The #26-410 is closest in measurement to my old latches. The only difference is the depth. My old latches are 1-1/2" deep and the #26-410 are only 13/16" deep. Do you think they will line up correctly with the old screw holes and the latch channel? If not, any other suggestions? Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named left side installed latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named left side uninstalled latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named right side installed latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named right side uninstalled latch.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The 26-410 has a hole spacing, or the distance between the center of each mounting hole, of 1-13/16". Please measure the hole spacing of your old tilt latch. If it differs, let us know how. Also consider the 26-337 or 26-078 & 26-079. See if either of these pairs have dimensions that match what you need. 

A home owner from southwest new mexico says:
Thank you for the reply.
I need hole spacing of 1 13/16" so the 26-410 works for that measurement. However, the 26-410 is only 13/16" deep while my current latches are 1 1/2" deep. I'm concerned that as a result of this difference in width, the 26-410 will not line up correctly with the side channels when installed. Do you have any advice? Thanks.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

If that is the exact hole spacing you need, then the 26-410 does make the most sense. I don't think the difference in width is necessarily going to be an issue, since the centerline of the tilt latch will remain the same. I am a little concerned that the latch shape will work the same way. Also you want to make sure the backset of the first mounting hole from the edge of the lock body is the same--for the 26-410 it's 23/32". If it's a different distance for your old lock, then it's not going to work right. Let me know what you find. 

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.