Window Balace Channel

A quick learner from Lexington, KY says:
Don't know the manufacturer since the windows are still original with the house and we were the 2nd owner (13 year old house). On 3 of my windows the balance channel broke on both sides. Looking at it, they are not secure to the frame but are just resting on a bolt (1st picture). There were no balance fittings on any of them, the internal pulley hook snapped on them all where it connects to the spring. I can't find a new channel that uses that Hook connection to go to the shoe. It is stamped '33C' and is 34" from end to end and is 5/8" wide. I'm lost mainly on finding that kind of Shoe connecter, unless another type would work.

I was guessing that I needs the S770 33" 33C, but since the shoe hook looked different I wanted to make sure before I did anything.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230818_122004.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230818_121834.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230818_121851.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230818_123200.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! I believe you are correct. It does appear that you have the Series 770 channel balance however it will need to be a custom made assembly. Unlike the standard Series 770 balance, yours have the 62-105 Heavy Duty Pointed Hook attached to the bottom.

However, before I can move forward with getting you set up with the order link for your balances, I'll need to confirm a few details to ensure we are supplying your with the correct replacements. To start, since your balances are 34" in length, you'll need the S770-34. This balance has different weight ranges for each stamp that the 33" balance does, so I'll need to know the exact weight of the sash to determine the correct one.

The width of the channel is 9/16". Therefore, I would double check this measurement as well.

Also, I'll need to know the exact number of balances you intend to purchase. There is an order minimum of (2) balances per custom balance.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.