Window Balancer

A handy person from Pennsylvania says:
Hi,
Attached are two pictures of my existing balancers that I am told are Ultra-Lift balancers. They are black tipped and 31.5" long from tip to tip. Do you carry a replacement balancer for these?
Thanks,
Tom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8321.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8320.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Ultralift balances would have a stamp printed on the housing tube, which I don't see in your photo. The bottom also differs from a hybrid balance. Your assembly looks like a closer match to either the S600-31 or S900-31, depending on the diameter of the housing tube. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. 

A handy person from Pennsylvania says:
Hi Casey,
Thanks for your feedback.
My balancer is identical to the one shown in the (70898jpg) photo below, which I saw in another post on your website that also said that it was a S600.
Since I had to measure it while it was still in the white plastic tube, I got a measurement of approximately 28.5" from the top to the black tip; therefore, would I order a 28" or 29" balancer?
Thanks,
Tom

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 70898.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8321.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8320.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

If your balance is an exact match for the assembly shown in these photos, I would recommend the S600-28 spiral balance. Keep in mind that the black tip option will support a window sash between 31-40 lbs. If you have any uncertainties, feel free to get back to us with additional photos of your original assembly. Thank you. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.