Window Balancer

A quick learner says:

I need to try and locate a window balancer for a window I have. Please refer to the images below.

it is a non tilt

The diameter appears to be 7/16"

The length is 26"

There is no tip, which I think is part of the problem.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window label
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spiral balance parts
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we can't be sure of what you need without seeing an undamaged balance with an intact spiral end. With that being said, you can start by looking over the S400-26 and S500-26 spiral balance. The determining factors would be if your housing tube has a diameter of 3/8" or 5/8". 7/16" is closer to 3/8" but I would recommend double-checking your measurement to confirm. You'll also need to check an intact balance from one of your windows to confirm that it uses the same cross style shown below. 

How to measure the length of the Series 400 spiral balance
How to measure the length of the Series 400 spiral balance

Once you determine the correct spiral balance series, you'll also need to weigh your sash and follow the chart under the balance product description to choose the corresponding tip color. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.