Window Balances

A handy person from 66227 says:
Hello I need to replace some window balances. The window information I have is 8026728/10 Unit: 35.5000 65.5000, G1: 31.5000 30.1250. I need to replace all the balances for 3 windows so six balance assemblies total.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Picture 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Picture 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Picture 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Picture 4.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for posting! The pivot shoe in this coil assembly looks similar to our 17/32" thick 15-199 Pivot Shoe. To determine if this is the correct replacement, take a look over the dimensions and compare them.

Alternate view of 15-199
Alternate view of 15-199

This balance is compatible with either the 1/2" wide Series 160 Coil Balance or the 3/8" wide Series 165 Coil Balance. To determine which series your assembly requires, you'll need to confirm the width of your coils. 

We typically look at the coils for any stamps/marking to determine the spring strength need but I recognize that may be difficult, considering the damage to them. I would suggest obtaining the exact weight of the sash and then dividing that number but the total number of coils in the window.

The cover, which is referred to at the coil support, will depend on the series and the number of coils needed to complete the assembly.

I also noticed that the tilt latch on the top of the sash appears to be damaged. You should be able to use the 26-244 to replace it; the opposite handed version is the 26-243. Take a look over the dimensions to confirm.

Alternate view of 26-244
Alternate view of 26-244

Profile view of 26-244
Profile view of 26-244

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.