Window Crank 80s

A contractor from canyon lake says:

Window cranks are old they are about 7 1/2 inches long the long arm the short arm is independent of the long arm I believe it is truth hardware and she wants to replace it with something more modern. She wants the white housing with white cover and how the crank arm folds into the cover I believe this version is all one piece the arm and the crank. So the whole mechanism would have to be replaced the crank housing and the crank operation along with the arm. I can provide more photos. We will be needing 45 total along with new lock levers but thats a separate issue looking forward to doing business.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_Resized_20231201_120607.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_Resized_20231201_120538.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_Resized_20231201_120245.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_Resized_20231201_120647.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If your casement operator arm is only 7-1/2" long, I would recommend taking a look at the 39-255E below. This looks like it could be a modern version of the original assembly shown in your photos but I would recommend double-checking the size.

Alternate image for 39-255E
Alternate image for 39-255E

It sounds like you may be looking for a nesting-style handle and cover for this operator but, unfortunately, that is not an option for this style. The best option would be a folding handle like our 39-205, but it does not "nest" into the operator base. 

As for your lock. we would also like to see the front of the assembly to help us narrow down your replacement options. 

Also, please note that we are not able to cc multiple emails on this thread. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.