Window Latch

A home owner from Buffalo, NY says:
I am trying to find replacements for these latches on aluminum windows. They are
mostly broken. Metal substitutes would be great as the plastic breaks too easily.
Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Latch.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us. Your old style plastic latch is unfortunately no longer made. We do sell the 90-026, which is similar, but the latch part of the lock won't be as long as yours. My concern is that you won't have the distance from the edge of the window to move the 90-026 lock closer to meet up with the other window to lock it. 

If you're handy, then one other possible work around is to install a sweep lock on the window. I'm thinking something like our 90-072 or 90-076. The latch extends out 7/16" and 1/2" from the base on these, respectively. Either one could be a potential replacement if you don't mind drilling new holes. Just take note when installing these type of locks be careful not to interfere with the interlock where the top and bottom sashes meet up together. You also want to make sure that you don't drill too deep, or you risk hitting the glass.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.