Silverline Window Parts

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello, I am a local handyman in northeast Michigan. I have a customer that I believe has Silverline 2900 series bottom tilt only windows. The one side slide/spring and show broke. I am hoping that I can find replacement parts for said window. What information would you need for me to get the parts.

The following info is off the tag on the bottom window.

36 x 62 2900
13511907 1 DBL
33 3/8 x 30 ½ 1
08/12 clear

Thank you in advance.

Here are a few more pictures. The top window is stationary, but the bottom window is a tilt in. 27 inches long for the balancer and it is 9/16 inches wide.
Hope this helps.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mike Bal4.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mike Bal3.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mike Bal2.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 26 5  CMC
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This balance appears to be a match for our Series 765. The only major difference is that the top pulley wheel and guide are missing from yours. I assume they just broke off. 

Either way, look over this product to verify that it's a match. I'm also happy to answer any questions you may have.

This does look like the correct balance. I will also need the bottom shoe for the tilt out window and the piece that hooks the pully wheel at the top of the window.
Thank you
Profile picture of Tom

This balance is commonly used with our 15-046 pivot shoe, but this is by no means a guaranteed match in your case. You should review the specs for this product with your original to verify.

As for the piece that hooks the pulley wheel, I'm not sure what you might be referring to. The Series 765 comes with the pulley wheel already installed and ready to use out of the box. You shouldn't mess with it too much. Can you clarify what piece you're talking about?

Alternate image for 15-046
Alternate image for 15-046

Thank you Tom, I will get the part this Wednesday and measure it and get it off to you for the final piece i will need. I will also check the upper part where the shoe ring attaches to see what this looks like.

Thanks again,

Mike

Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good, Mike. We're here to help if you needed it, just let me know!

Tom,

I got the size for the shoe. Attached is a picture of it. Also, to the right of the picture is the piece at the top that the string attaches to. Just a plastic part that screws into the window and one of the screws holds the top of the string connector.

Will the new balance come with the string/wire connector to hook up to the top? If so, then I believe I will need the following parts;

balance series 765

pivot shoe 15-046.

Is this correct? If it is please inform me how to order/pay for the parts.

Thanks again for all your help.

Mike 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230607_173935.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, I think our 15-046 is still a strong choice. The design may be a little different but the size is the same and it's still compatible with all the same hardware, which is all that matters.

All orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience.

Thanks Tom, I will get the order placed today.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Mike

Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! We appreciate the business Please let me know how it works out or if you had any other questions.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.