Replacing Balance & Other Parts

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello:

I am trying to find window balances and sash release parts for my single hung windows. They are insulated vinyl windows installed in 2000. There are not any identifying labels, names, numbers, etc...

The balances in these windows are a spring type. There is a 1/4' by 34-1/4'" hollow fiberglass (?) rod that is terminated at the bottom with a plastic/nylon T - shaped fitting that fits into the track on each side of the widow and attached to the pivot pin on the bottom of the lower sash. This T piece has a hole in the top that the rod fits into. It also has a round projection that holds one end of the spring. The spring fits over the rod and is 13" long when resting. There is a plastic/nylon fitting at the top of the spring and a plastic/nylon fitting at the top of the rod. This fitting has a cord that runs to the top of the window and is attached to the frame with a screw.

I also need to replace some of the window sash release sliders.

See photos.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

John C
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, and thanks for posting. This looks like our Series 850 Balance. Unfortunately, these are being phased out and won't be around anymore. Fortunately, you can convert to our Series 795. Please see the video below for more information on how to go about doing this.

As far as your window sash release sliders, I am not certain what you are referring to. Could you provide a picture of them for reference? We should be able to help from there. Thanks. 
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.