Window Parts

A handy person from Myrtle Beach says:
I have 2 windows that are in rough shape. 1 balancer on either side has a broken string. I think it would be best to get all new hardware for both windows. Are these photos sufficient to find out exactly what I would need?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ProBuild Wilmington
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance String
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named T-Lock Balance Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel balance Assembly
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! I am confident that the balance you have is the Series 795 Channel Balance. Although, to confirm exactly which balance you need, I'll need to know the length of the metal channel as well as the stamp from the channel. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm the stamp from the photos.

Your T-Lock Balance Shoe is likely the 15-194 with a 1" width but you'll need to remove the shoe and confirm the width to be sure.

I'll also need to see a photo of the hook/clip installed to the top of the balance. If it is a hook, I'll need to see  photo of the installation hole it installs in.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

A handy person from Myrtle Beach says:
I've included photos of the hook and stamp. The stamp appears to read 26E or 28E

Unfortunately, this is a customers window and I do not have access to it at any given moment to take measurements.

Hopefully this helps
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20240227_090250_Gallery.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20240227_090331_Messages.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to say that I would not be able to identify the correct balance without confirming the length of the balance. The difference could mean that the balance is either too long or too short for the channel; so, the window would not function properly. The stamp looks a lot like it could be a 28E, which means the balance should measure 28" but it would be good to confirm the length just to be sure. Can the customer confirm the length and the stamp?

These balances are made with a 15-198 Balance Clip Attachment and will need to be a custom made assembly, which are non-refundable and cannot be returned. That said, you'll especially want to confirm the length of the balance.

Our Series 795 Channel Balances come assembled with the 15-195 1-1/4" T-Lock Shoe. The width of the shoe is just as important however, this part can be swapped out if the shoe happens to be the wrong size. We have a video tutorial with instructions on how to do so.

Once we've confirmed the balance length, I'll be able to forward an order link to purchase the replacements. There is an order minimum of (2) balances per custom order.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.