18" and 22"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Non-Tilt Sash Adapter
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash Bracket
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Non-Tilt Sash Clip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Two Sash Brackets
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance and Sash
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'd be happy to help with this project, but I had a few questions about your setup here.

First, it looks like you have two different balance styles. You also mention having two different sized windows; is each balance type on a different window, or are these used on both windows as a pair?

The reason I ask is because we aren't able to supply the balance you show in your third photo, which has a rivet attached to the end. This is an older, discontinued style that can't be replaced by anything else in our inventory.

The other balance type you show looks like a combination between our 9/16" diameter Series 500 and the 17-012 bottom bracket. This is a fairly common pairing for older tilt windows but you will need to check to make sure your balance tube diameter is the same size.

A home owner from CA says:
1) two different sized windows which are built as a pair. 2 + 2 windows
2) these are all up/down slides - no tilt
3) is there a substitute for the discontinued part?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for verifying. I wonder if both balances had the same balance originally, but were repaired at some point in the past. I note that there's a plastic bracket on the bottom that appears to be made to accommodate the balance tab. That's an interesting piece; we don't currently sell anything like that but it would solve a lot of problems for you.

Looking at your configuration, and with the plastic "adapter" in mind, I think our Series 500 and 17-012 bracket are your best bet. The only major problem with using this configuration on a window like yours is that there'd be no place to drill holes to accept the 17-012 bracket. However, the plastic adapter totally circumvents that issue. Assuming it works like it appears to work, I think that should be okay.

Just note that the diameter of our Series 500 balance tube is 9/16". That should be the first thing you check before you buy anything. Also notice the hole placement on our 17-012 bracket to ensure that it lines up with the holes in the adapter.

Additional dimensions for 17-012
Additional dimensions for 17-012

How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.