Window Roller Assemblies

A professional from APT Management Inc. Woburn MA says:
We have a old manufacturing building converted into senior living in 1978 and at the time it was fitted wiht double glazed sliding alumnium windows. Today we have a number of windows that are difficult to operate due to little maintenance on the roller assembly over the years. We are vewry interested in purchasing new window assemblies but we are having difficulty without knowing the indentity of the window manufacturer. The bright aluminum assembly is used on the botom of the slider that can be adjusted to prevent draging on the tracj wiht the phillips screw on the end of the assembly. The smaller steel assembly i was told is used on smaller windows less than 24 inches. Your help in identifying the hardware would be greatly appreciated that we hope could lead to purchasing of wiondow replacement hardware from SWISCO. Thank you Rick C.
User submitted photo of their window roller assembly.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The duller looking roller looks to be a part of our 81-012. I believe the wheel used to be nylon but has worn down to the metal bearing. Take a look at the window where that roller came from, there should be more to it as seen in the 81-012 product picture.

The brighter roller is discontinued and no longer available. I wonder if the 81-012 could be substituted. Take a look at the measurements found on the 81-012 product picture and see if this roller could possibly be adapted to work. Let me know if you need any measurements that do not appear on the 81-012 product picture.

By the way, the 81-012 is usually used to replace a sliding glass door roller.
A professional from APT says:
Can you tell me the size of the rivet or rivet that holds the nylon wheel to the assembly? If a rivet would I use the rivet nut gun displayed in then your tool section?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 81-012 is sold with a steel wheel already attached. You will receive the 81-012 exactly how it looks in the product picture on our Web site.
A professional from APT says:
12:46 PM Window Roller Assembly response: My applologies, I was referencing the the the bright aluminum roller assembly that presented photos of yesterday that I have in my wndows today. In the event that the 81-012 Atlas roller assembly will not fit, I would like to look at the possibility of replacing the nylon wheel on the old assembly. Could you please assist me as to what size rivet, rivet nut I will need? Would there be a standard axel(Rivet nut)dimension for a 3/4" diameter by 1/4" width nylon wheel?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I am not certain exactly the style of rivet used in your original roller. I can say that the rivet used on the wheel in the 81-012 Roller is 1/4" in diameter with a 3/32" nub on the end used to secure itself inside the casing.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.