Window Sash Vent Stop

A home owner from Los Angeles, CA, USA says:

My window track has a part attached IN the track that when the mechanism attached to the window is dropped, the window can only been opened a few inches. Sadly, one has become jammed and, once extracted, is likely to require replacement.

1822 attached is the mangled and 1823 is the piece in tact. Hoping you can suggest a replacement?

Amy

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1822[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1823[1].JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Amy. I am familiar with this part but it's unfortunately not something we sell anymore. To tell the truth, I'm not sure who would these days. These are for a very old style window that haven't been in production for a good number of years. It's so old that it's only listed in my records as "metal fork;" it doesn't even have an official name.

What I can tell you is that the modern 16-001 (relatively modern, anyway) is designed to more or less fulfill the same role. Now, to clarify, this isn't a direct replacement, nor is it specifically made for this window. What I mean is just that it does the same job and is slightly newer. That's no guarantee that it can work for you, but it is probably going to be the best option that we can provide. You can review its size and design below. See what you think.

Alternate image for 16-001
Alternate image for 16-001

A home owner from Los Angeles, CA, USA says:
Tom, I very much appreciate the detailed reply! While not home to measure, I bought one to test out anyway. Let's see if it works. Otherwise, I may have to resort to just inserting a metal piece of the appropriate length to preclude further opening...

THANKS
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! We appreciate the order, it means a lot. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, and if it does happen to work I would love to hear it. Having that verification in my records will be a big help to customers in the future. Repairing old windows like this can be a real hassle so any little trick helps.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.