Can 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231124_115314.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231124_115240.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231124_115202.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231124_072845.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we will need to see the fitting attached to the opposite end of the metal channel as well to narrow down your replacement options. Your stamp code is also from an outdated weight system, so you will need to weigh your window sash that the balances support to determine the correct spring strength option for your replacements. Thank you! 

A quick learner from West Palm Beach says:
I am not easily able to weigh the sash. We had purchased balances for similar window in the same house in the past a few years ago maybe you could look that up. But it felt like it was around 30 lb

Also we need to refurbish these windows and replace all of the felt what would you need for that
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231124_115418.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231124_115415.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231124_115405.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231124_115240.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Unfortunately, I do not see any orders for balances under your email address. You did have another discussion with our part experts but the balances differ from the assembly shown in your new photos. 

Your top fitting is also a bit out of the ordinary. We would like to see a few more photos of the top of the balance from the side and back to determine if we carry a suitable replacement. It is also important to weigh the sash since we have no other way to confirm the strength option that would be needed to support your window. If the spring is too strong, the window will not close properly and if it is too weak, the sash will not open all of the way or may slam shut. 

Thank you. I will see if I could get someone to help me pull the sash out and weigh it.

I just had a back surgery.

I will see what other photos I have on my phone

Profile picture of Casey

Good news, I was able to locate your post from 2014 under your old email address. It looks like you purchased custom S377 balances, which come with the 19-018 top and 15-005 bottom fittings. If these replacement balances worked in your window back in 2014, we'll be happy to supply replacements but we will need to confirm your exact sash weight to determine if it will need to be a custom order or if our stock balances will work for you. 

Close up view of the S377 balance top.
Close up view of the S377 balance top.

Close up view of the S377 balance shoe.
Close up view of the S377 balance shoe.

Hello thank you I was just able to remove the sash . I weighed the sash and it is 25 lb.
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you,

The 25 sash weight falls out of the stock balance spring strengths we offer. I am going to reach out to our inventory department for availability options for a custom balance that can support the 25 pound sash weight. I will be in contact as soon as more information is available. Thank you for your patience! 

Profile picture of Casey

We were able to determine that two strength options for the S377-19 channel balances will support a 25-pound window sash, 1865 (23-25 lbs) or 1870 (25-29 lbs). Just let us know which option you'd like to go with and we'll be happy to send over an order link and price quote. 

Thank you. The 1865.

Do you also sell the felt that I could rewind the sash with?
Profile picture of Casey

Great, we just sent over an order link and price quote for you to review. If you need wool pile weatherstripping as well, take a look at our selection here. The determining factor would be how the backing width and pile height compare to our replacement options. Just let us know if you need anything else. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.