Window balance

A home owner from NY says:
I think the brand is Mastic. The balance is made out of steel, it is 16" long, 1/2" wide and has the number 1601 stamped on it, further down it says BSI
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230604_124155.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230604_124134.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Your channel balance resembles the S770-16. To determine the stamp needed for your balance, you'll need to confirm the exact weight of the sash. I am unable to cross-reference the stamp from your balances so you'll need the window weight to determine the stamp needed to support your sashes.

Once you've confirmed the weight, you'll be able to confirm the stamp based on the weight ranges shown below the product description of the S770-16 channel balance.

A home owner from NY says:
It weighs 14.4 lbs
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Okay, great. According to the chart mentioned, you'd need the 16C stamp.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.