Window balancers

A quick learner from Tampa says:
Do you have the channel balance 28DS 38? I can't seem to find it. Please see the attached photo. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28DS38 BSI stamp
I am unable to remove the channel balance, it get stuck, unable to push down. Could you please help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named take out clip
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey there!

Thank you for contacting us. I can't identify your balance from just the stamp, unfortunately. I would need to see photos of an undamaged balance removed from the window. Seeing the top and bottom fittings are especially important. 

It looks like the take-out clip is still installed so you'll need to remove it. The video tutorial below will show you how to replace a non-tilt channel balance as well.

Order Number: 2238215
S380-28 - 28" Series 380 Channel Balance
18-009 - 5/8" Top Sash Guide

I've received my order. The I was able to install the channel balance so I think I ordered the correct ones. However, the Top Sash Guide doesn't fit. It doesn't click into the channel balance. Can you recommend the correct size Top Sash Guide for my Channel Balance? I don't have the old ones to get the measurements. Thank you so much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240127_093025.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240127_093034.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240127_093039.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello again! Sorry to hear the 18-009 Top Sash Guides did not work for you. The problem is that a lot of different Top Sash Guides can work with any given channel balance. It depends on the design of the sash. Because of this, it's very difficult to say what guides you might need without showing us the originals. Does an identical or similar window in the house still have the top sash guides intact? If so, please remove one and show it to us from the front and side, and we should be able to narrow this down for you.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.