Window balances

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello, I am trying to locate replacements for these balances. The stamp on the back is 28f be. Some of the parts are missing .i also need to replace a balance cam for the tilt out window. Thank you for your help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named metal tab pivot shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ribbed channel balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named inner spring
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ribbed metal channel end profile
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! 

Thank you for contacting us. The balance you have here is discontinued but I believe we may still be able to help. However, our replacements won't look exactly the same as your old assembly. What we'd be using is a "skinny" ribbed version of the Series 795. This comes attached with a T-lock shoe but you won't be able to use it. You will need to pop it off and find a way to re-install the metal clip that anchors to your pivot shoe for our replacements to function. 

Does this sound good to you? If it does, let me know how your balance mounts to the top of the window track: with a screw or a hook? Can you confirm the number of balances you're looking to order? Finally, can you tell us the length of the metal channel? 

As for the "balance cam", could you be referring to the pivot shoe? If so, we've seen the 15-134 is often used with your old assembly but you may want to remove an undamaged shoe and compare the specifications to confirm. 

A quick learner from USA says:
Thank you for the update. Yes , I think that version of the balance will be acceptable. The balance attaches to the top by a hook not a screw. The balance is 28 inches (28f). I will need a pivot shoe that you described as well as one of the metal clips that attach the pivot shoe to the balance . And I am looking for 2 balances. Thank you
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for confirming that for me! I'll go and email you a purchase link and price quote for (2) balances that you can use to place an order on our website. Please note that there is a 5-6 week lead time and we aren't able to supply the metal clip that attaches to the pivot shoe. I'm afraid we aren't sure who may have this clip which is why it is paramount that you reuse it. 

The 15-134 pivot shoe isn't included in this purchase link so don't forget to add your desired quantity to your cart separately. 

I'll be here if you have any questions! 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.