Window bottom swivel

A quick learner from Hayden ,Alabama says:
We need the bottom swivel and also the windows don't stay up
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rusted Pivot Bar
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe & Spiral Tip
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! If the windows will not stay up, there may be a chance that you can use the 75-006 Spiral Balance Charging Tool to add tension in them. However, the most likely scenario is that the balances need to be replaced. To be able to confirm the right replacement for them, there are a few details we'll need to confirm.

The hardware that gets screwed into the bottom of the sash is the pivot bar. Since this one appears to be pretty rusted and damaged, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged pivot bar, removed from the sash, to identify the correct replacement.

If you are looking to replace the pivot shoe, it would be a good idea to remove that from the sash, as well. You'll need to confirm the dimensions for the shoe, especially for the thickness and the width. These dimensions will help to ensure we are providing you with the correct recommendation.

Take a look at the video tutorials below for instructions on how to remove and identify the balances, remove and replace the pivot bars, and how to remove the pivot shoe.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions in the meantime.

Thank you for replying so quickly, here are some photos if you need any more let me now Thank you ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240423_074126.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240423_074047.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240423_074009.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240423_073957.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240423_073818.jpg
More photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240423_073946.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Your spiral balance appears to be the 3/8" S900-28 Spiral Balance. Be sure to double check the diameter to confirm this is the correct size. Since the tip color is white, I would suggest choosing the red tip option; this can support a sash weighing 10 to 22lbs.

Your pivot shoe can likely be replaced with the 15-212 3/8" thick Pivot Shoe. To confirm that this is the right replacement for your pivot shoe, you'll especially want review and compare the dimensions for the width and thickness of the shoe.

Alternate image for 15-212
Alternate image for 15-212

I believe you can use the 26-089 3" Pivot Bar to replace the one you have. Take a look and see what you think.

Alternate image for 26-089
Alternate image for 26-089

I checked the measurements Everything looks good , im going to need enough to do 4 windows

Okay, great! All of these products are available online. You'll just need to add the quantity for each item to the online cart to make your purchase.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Have a great day!

Hi Jasmine, I repaired all my windows with parts I received from Swisscom Thank you for your fantastic help !!

Hello,

Thanks for your kind feedback! We're happy to hear that you were able to complete all of your repairs. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any future hardware repair projects you might come across!

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.