Window channel balance

A contractor from Summerville, SC says:
I need help identifying the channel balances on my windows. I have attached 5 pictures, I have plenty more that I can email, if you need them. The length of the spring is approximately 18 and 3/4 inches (compressed), the length of the balance is 31 inches, and depth and width is 5/8. There is a print that says "30 3 JK CALDWELL"

I would need 20 of those, plus 4 more that are a bit shorter: 24 inch end to end, and a 13 and 1/2 inch spring, with identical hardware. Also need 24 top sash guides that I have pictures of, that I can provide over email.

Thank you in advance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Top Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Balance Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Bottom Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Bottom Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Shoe.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! I am confident we can supply you with a replacement balance for your existing assemblies. I'll just need one more piece of information to confirm the exact replacement recommendation.

May I see a photo of the pulley system in the center of the balance? This is where the spring and string meet in the middle.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Here are two pictures of the pulleys. One at the spring end, and one at the hook end. I can also provide any other measurements if needed.

I'm also proving some pictures of the top sash that I need 24 of them
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240418_084447.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240418_084442.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240418_084511.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240418_084525.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240418_084519.jpg

Thanks for the photos! Your channel balance looks like it could be the Series 380 with a 1" shoe depth; although, there is a chance the shoe could measure 7/8". 

If it does measure 7/8" let me know as this will need to be a custom assembly. Please also confirm the stamp from the 24" balances.

Close up view of the S380 balance shoe.
Close up view of the S380 balance shoe.

Your top sash guide appears to be the 18-188 Rollyson Clear Top Sash Guide. These are sold as a pair.

Alternate view of 18-118
Alternate view of 18-118

Alternate view of 18-118
Alternate view of 18-118

Thank you for this information. That is what I have currently in the shopping cart, as I thought it was a 380 series, so thank you for confirming that. The 24 inch spring has the same stamp on it, I believe, but I will have to confirm that when I get back in town Wednesday. Thank you again

Okay, great and my pleasure to assist! I'm glad to hear they are the correct replacement. 

The 24" balances will have a different stamp option than the 31" balances; it should begin with a 23". 

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions!

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.