Window clips and balance

A landlord from Wilkes Barre says:
Hello, I'm looking for the specific 3'' window clips and also the window balance which reads 31'' D on it. I'm worrying if you could help me identify on your website these specific items these are.

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window clip 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window clip 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 3.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! There is a good chance we can provide you with a replacement balance. Although, to be absolutely sure, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window.

I am specifically looking to see any attachments that could be connected to the balance or that may still be in the window channel, connected to the bottom of the sash.

Unfortunately, the stamp from the balance does not help to identify the type of balance you need. The stamp from the balance only indicates the weight range your balances should be able to carry to support the sash however, we'll first need to determine the balance series you need.

In regard to the pivot bar, we do not carry an exact match for the pivot bar you have. However, we'll likely have one compatible with the balance you need, providing we are able to supply you with it. Once I have an idea of the attachments used for your balance, we'll be able to determine the right replacement for the pivot bar as well.

Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.

A landlord from Wilkes Barre says:
Hello, so sorry for the late response back. Our windows are all different sizes so I finally found a window balance that isn't broken to hopefully be able to identify what kind of balance we need. Please see attached pictures.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 5.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photos. Your channel balance appears to be the S770-31 with a 31D stamp. The shoe compatible with this balance is the 15-129 9/16" Thick Pivot Shoe. Take a look at the dimensions below to confirm that this is the right fit.

Detail of 15-129
Detail of 15-129

As explained, we do not carry an exact match for the pivot bar but our 26-368 may work in its place. We also have the 26-021 which may possibly work better. Take a look over the dimensions for each of these to determine which may be the best replacement.

Dimensions for 26-368
Dimensions for 26-368

Alternate image for 26-021
Alternate image for 26-021

In regard to the sweep lock, yours looks like it could be either the 90-274 or the 90-278. Again, to determine which of these is the correct replacement for your window, you'll need to carefully compare the dimensions. You'll especially want to confirm the installation hole placement.

Dimensions for 90-274
Dimensions for 90-274

Dimensions for 90-278
Dimensions for 90-278

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.