Window corner help

A quick learner from USA says:

Hello I need help finding the right screen window corners to replace some broken ones on 24 year old Certainteed windows. I have 3 pics of the broken original window screen corner and also 2 pics of the screen frame to see if that is even something I can also get as one side buckled removing the screen from the window.

Dimensions of the window corner are: the square part is 3/4" and the width is 7/16".

I see part number 95-034 as the closest but it shows 3/8" width. My measurement is like 1/16" different but may work. Please assist in finding the correct one so I can order some.

My framing is 31 1/2 " and not sure you see that at all.

Thank you for your help and look forward hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9234.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9236.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9237.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9238.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9239.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. We unfortunately don't sell a corner that matches your dimensions. The only product we have that measures 3/4" x 7/16" is the 95-229, but this looks a lot thicker than yours on a picture to picture comparison. Can you verify your measurements?

Alternate image of 95-229
Alternate image of 95-229

Thank you Tom for reaching out. My dimensions again are 3/4" X 7/16". I have double checked many times to be sure lol.
I see your suggestion but you stated that looked thicker. I know my original has angled ends and yours shows straight ends. Would that matter slipping into the frame as long as the dimensions are the same? There is 95-034 which is so close and would maybe be a little looser by 1/16" so that maybe is an option as well. Do you sell the frame as well as one side is bent? I also measures the frame and it shows the same dimensions.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9316.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9318.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

In my experience, a gap of 1/16" can be a deal breaker when it comes to screen window frames. You could try to find something to plug the gap to help out (I've even used toothpicks snapped in half, in a pinch) but that's obviously not a long term solution.

Given your dimensions, the 95-229 is the only corner I can find in our inventory that aligns with your own. However I cannot guarantee that it will work due to the differences in design.

As for the frame itself, that's unfortunately not something we sell.

Thank you Tom for all your help. I may actually order some of those screen corners you pointed out. I realize it looks different but the dimensions are what we need. Worth a try. I may also order the slightly smaller one as well. That way I have a comparison to try and May need to modify a little like you said with toothpicks.
Thank you so much!
Profile picture of Tom

You're very welcome! Hopefully it works out for you. Best of luck with the project and, of course, thank you for the purchase.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.