Window glazing

A quick learner from Castaic, California (near Los Angeles) says:

Good morning, my name is Mike and I've been upgrading my windows to dual pane insulated glass inserts and want to upgrade these fixed windows too but I think I need new glazing for them. I've attached photos. Please let me know if there are certain measurements or dimensions you need.

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Mike

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7359.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7362.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7363.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7774.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7775.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for writing in! Your window glazing appears to be aluminum however, it is a bit difficult to tell from the photos. Can you confirm the material these are made out of?

I'll also need to know the dimensions of your window glazing bead. Take a look at the video below for an idea of the measurements we'll need to properly identify the glazing you need.

A quick learner from Castaic, California (near Los Angeles) says:
Yes, the glazing is aluminum. I've included another photo with dimensions. I want to go from the existing single pane glass (3/32) to double pane (1/2). Please let me know what glazing I could use. Thank you Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7797.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for confirming! Unfortunately, we do not sell any aluminum glazing and we do not carry anything that is made in your exact specifications. With that said, our 55-008 may be worth considering as a replacement. Take a look over the dimensions and design to see if this is something that could possibly work for you.

Profile view of 55-008
Profile view of 55-008

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.