Window latch

A quick learner from Bluffton, SC says:
I'm trying to get a replacement single hung window latch. House was built in 2005. It measures 2 1/4" inches screw hole to screw hole. There is no receptor piece on the upper window, the latch just glides under the bottom edge of the upper window to lock.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1210.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I believe our 90-005 Sash Lock might be what you need. It looks quite similar; just ensure the locking 'tongue' seems identical. I believe it is from your photo, but double-check to be safe. Let me know what you find.

Alternate image for 90-005
Alternate image for 90-005
Picture of the underside of the 90-005 window lock.
Picture of the underside of the 90-005 window lock.
Profile of the tongue of the 90-005 window lock.
Profile of the tongue of the 90-005 window lock.

A quick learner from Bluffton, SC says:
That looks like it if the tongue is flat. Mine does not have any curve or groove on it, just flat metal. If you can verify that the tongue is indeed flat I will order that latch. Thanks
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Great! The tongue on the 90-005 has a slight peak to it, but for all intents and purposes it's considered "flat" for the sake of interacting with the window. You can see exactly how it looks in the third photo shared above.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.