Window lever replacement needed

A quick learner from San Francisco says:
Hi,

I am looking for a window lever replacement, I was thinking to replace the entire piece bc I tried adding a new handle and then gluing it in and it didn't work so then we tried cutting It off. The first photo shows the one that needs to be fixed. I can't crank the window open/closed right now. The second photo is a different window w/ the same piece.

I also measured the length is 5 1/2 in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagejc6UGl.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 2.25.31 PM.png
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Based on the description of the issue with the operator, it sounds like the gears in the operator may be stripped. You'll likely need to replace the entire operator.

To recommend a replacement, I'll need to see a photo of the arm of the operator to confirm if there is a replacement we would be able to recommend to you. There are a few different types of front mount casement operators that I'd be able to recommend to you, so I'll need the photos to narrow that down.

Thanks!! Can you call me directly to discuss? The arm of the operator is shown in the 2nd attachment but let me know if you need more photos?

The arm is the part that connects to the bottom of the window that swings in and out; it helps to guide the window open and closed. What is shown in the photos are the body of the operator and the spindle that the crank handle attaches to. Given that the window will neither open or close properly, it is likely the entire mechanism needs to be replaced.

If you are only looking to replace the crank handle, you can try using part 39-114, which has an 11/32" spline measurement.

Unfortunately, I do not have a phone line that I would be able to call you from. If this is a matter you absolutely need to speak with someone about, you may call customer service to speak with one of our agents. They can be reached at (888) 991-1929. Otherwise, we will need to communicate via this discussion thread.

I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Okay no I think you are right I need to replace the entire piece. The length is 5 1/2 in. What other info do you need ? Thanks so much for your help!!

Adding more photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage2MkNu8.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageYTY8GZ.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageXEVjq6.gif

I'm sorry, none of these photos show the arm of the operator. We also do not carry any with an arm length of 5-1/2". So I would recommend double checking this measurement.

Take a look at parts 39-139, 39-142, 39-407, and 39-466. You'll need to review each of these operators via the website to review the dimensions. This means that you will need to remove the screen to expose the arm of the window so that you can accurately refer to the measurement.

If the arm is 5-1/2" please let me know so that we can look into what other solutions we may have.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.