No name just:series 2000 SH

AAMA/NWWDA 101/i.s 297

H-R40-47x71
Mfg. codeAWT-1

House built 2007
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0180.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This is called a channel balance. It is a spring-loaded device that regulates the movement of the window. We can likely replace this, but I am afraid those codes don't tell us exactly what kind of channel balance this is. To know that, we need the following:

• The length of the metal channel. Do not include the nylon attachments, or fittings, on both ends of the balance in the measurement. 
  • Good pictures of both nylon fittings. The combination of fittings determines what kind of channel balance this is. 
  • A picture of any stamp on the metal channel. 

We should be able to narrow this down for you from there. 

A home owner from Montgomery, TX says:
The channel is 28" in length
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0185.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0184.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0183.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0181.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your photos. Based on what I see here, you have either our S351-28 or S390-28, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

Another thing to keep in mind that all of our balances are 1/2" wide and deep. You may want to check yours to verify that it's the same size. Some wiggle room in this particular dimension is allowable, but if yours is anywhere like 3/8" wide then let me know; the suggested products won't work.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.