Window plastic cap and screw for spring window balance

A home owner from FL says:

Hello, I'm looking for the replacement parts in the included picture. They are the top plastic cap on the window that captures the top of the balance spring in the window frame, and its associated square drive screw. 

I would also like to order the plastic guides (four per window) that keep the metal frame of the window from contacting the metal guide channel in the window frame. 

Thank you for you help. Glenn

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230219_101504.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Glenn.

The part in your photos is called a top sash guide. I'm not sure if we have this exact one but our 18-166 looks close and a good place to start. I recommend you look over the dimensions and compare them with your old top sash guide to see how they match up. 

I'm also not sure about the plastic guides you described. May we see some photos of it? 

Hi Emily, thanks for your response. Yes that part looks exactly like what I need. I will send you a picture of the window guides as soon as I can take one. Are you able to find a PN for the screw that mounts the Top Sash Guide? Thank you, Glenn
Profile picture of Emily

We recommend using your old screws but if you needed new ones, a local hardware store should be able to match them up for you. 

Hi again Emily. Here is the photo of the window guide you requested. Thank you for your follow up. Glenn
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230221_175601.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to me, Glenn! This part is called a face guide and yours looks quite similar to our 67-026. Review the dimensions and compare them with your old guide to see what you think. 

That's it Emily, perfect! One last request if I may. I need the metal clip that is at the top of the window frame that when popped out allows window removal. Let me know if a photo is needed. Thank you again
Profile picture of Emily

Sure, it sounds like you may describing a take out clip. If that's the case, I recommend our 16-002

Nice! Thanks Emily. I appreciate all your help. Glenn
Profile picture of Emily

No problem, Glenn! I'm always happy to help. Good luck with the repair and let me know if I can be of further assistance! 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.