Window spring

A quick learner from New jersey says:
I need help identifying this parts I don't see any number the the white plate in the picture is suppose to secure the band in the rail.
I'm not sure how many springs there are suppose to me
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240309_134339.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240309_134327.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This looks like a 15-087 Pivot Shoe, which uses Series 180 Coil Balances. The mounting bracket is the 16-024. The diagram below shows how all these parts install.

Series 180 coil balance diagram
Series 180 coil balance diagram

As far as how many coils per side you need, typically extra coils in this system are housed within 15-086 Tandem Blocks that stack atop the 15-087 shoe. I think the best thing to do here is to give me the exact weight of the window sash. Give me that exact weight, and I can tell you the coils you need. 

A quick learner from New jersey says:
The window sash weights 12 lbs
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Great, thanks! So for a 12 pound sash, you only need one 6 pound spring on each side. With that in mind, I'd suggest our S180-6 and 15-087 carrier. The tandem carrier would not be required.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.