Window spring replacement

A handy person from Columbus,NJ says:

Single hung window. Size 81x34.5 inches. Swissco CODE: PAT-086. SPEC: BFRC. Series: NC1300/1400. MST: 086-M-015. Channel 1.25 inches. Windows installed in 2002 by K-Hov.

Need to replace springs in 3 windows. Sent prior with incorrect email address. Thank you.

Jeff

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7710.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7709.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7707.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7706.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7707.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! I am confident that we can provide you with a replacement balance, however, to be absolutely sure, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window. I am not able to identify your balances using the stamp information provided from the window.

I'll also need to know the stamp from the metal channel of the balance, which will only tell us the weight range your balances should be able to support. It will not help to identify the type of balance you'd need, unfortunately.

I am specifically looking to see any attachments that could be connected to the balance or that may still be in the window channel, connected to the bottom of the sash. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

A handy person from Columbus,NJ says:

Here are pictures of the window spring system.

The stamp on the channel has 40D NJ BSI

Jeff

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7719.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7716.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7715.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7721.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7725.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photos. You'll need the S795-40 channel balances with a 40D stamp. You'll need to reuse the existing screws, if they are still in a workable condition.

The open cam shoe installed to your balance is sold separately; this is part 15-195B. You'll need to be sure to add it to the cart along with your balances. Take a look at the video below for instructions on how to change the shoes out.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.