Window springs and stops

A quick learner from Reno Nevada says:
I need four window Springs that the metal part measures 24 inches on the old Spring it said 23 4 JO Cadwell on the outside. I also need two window Springs were the metal part measures 11 inches. These two Springs have 1020 posted on them. I need stops for all these windows which would be a total of six. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information so I can get the right parts?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240331_184248.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240331_184255.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240326_074032.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240326_073947.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240326_073957.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! I am confident that we can supply you with the replacement balances you need but they will need to be a custom assembly since they are an Extended-Travel Channel balance.

To confirm pricing and availability for the replacements, I'll need to see a photo of the side profile view of the bottom shoe. It is important to see the shoe to ensure that it will fit properly in the window channel. This is the plastic attachment with the hook attached to it.

Regarding the stops, are you referring to the metal take out clips? If so, they appear to be the 16-002. If you are referring to the plastic pieces installed to the top left and right corner of the sash, there are the top sash guide. They help to guide the channel balance in the window and prevent it from shooting up into the window frame. I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged photo of a top sash guide removed to properly identify it.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

The pictures on the brown carpet are of the longer Channel balances the 23. And the pictures on the black are of the shorter ones the 11. And yes the other item I need is the guides. Is there any other part that goes on the very top of the window that helps? it looks like the windows still wiggle with the springs and the guides in there. Let me know if you need any other pictures
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240405_070951.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240405_070957.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240405_071042.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240405_073622.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240405_073631.jpg

Thanks for the photos and my apologies for the confusion! In regard to the longer balances, this is a completely different style balance from the extended travel balances you initially sent the photos of. To properly identify them, I'll just need to see a photo of the pulley installed in the center of the balance channel that connects to the spring.

You'll also need to confirm the dimension for the depth of the bottom shoe. This should be either 1" or 1-3/32". I've included a diagram for reference but the series mentioned on it may not be the exact balance you need.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

To identify the correct replacement for your top sash guide, I'll need to see a front facing view of it. Unfortunately, I cannot determine the correct replacement from the side profile view. It is important to see the installation hole(s) on it. 

The window is likely wiggling because there is damage to one or both of the top sash guides. Once you've repaired them and we can eliminate that as the cause, we can move forward from there.

The shoe appears to be 1 3/32. The shorter Springs and the longer Springs are different. Please let me know if you need anything else
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240407_125153.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240407_125812.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240407_125826.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240407_125220.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240407_125447.jpg

Thanks for the photos! Yes, as confirmed, these are two different sets of balances; the 24" balance is a standard balance in our inventory and the 10-7/8" balance is a custom assembly. That said, since the depth of the shoe on the 24" balance is 1-3/32", you'll need the S385-24 with with a 2340 stamp option.

I've forwarded a link with a quote for (2) of the 10-7/8" balances, with a 1020 stamp. You'll be able to use this link to review the quote and place the order from your online cart. You'll need to remember to add the S385-24 to the cart along with the custom balances so that they'll  be shipped in one order. They will not be included in the quote.

The top sash guide you have is no longer made but our 18-188 5/8" Top Sash Guide should work well as a suitable replacement. Take a look over the dimensions to confirm if this would be a fit.

Alternate view of 18-188
Alternate view of 18-188

Alternate view of 18-188
Alternate view of 18-188

Can I use the same guide for both the short and the long balances? The shorter balance appears to have a different looking guide? Also on the longer balances there is a square hole at the top of the window that looks like something should belong there is there a plastic piece that I can put in there?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240405_072031.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240407_125251.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240405_072005.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240221_074104.jpg

To replace this top sash guide you'll need the 18-008 5/8" Top Sash Guide. I am confident this is the replacement you need but be sure to compare the dimensions to confirm.

Detail of 18-008
Detail of 18-008

Alternate view of 18-008
Alternate view of 18-008

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.