Windows balance

A quick learner from Florida says:
I am Reading 25 3 in the aluminum balance.

Is this enough for you to identify it?

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 25 3 Balance Stamp
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! There is a good chance that we can supply you with the replacement balances you need. However, to confirm the right replacement, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window.

I am specifically looking to see a photo of the top and bottom plastic attachments from the balance. The stamp provided only indicates the weight range the balance can carry to support the sash. Unfortunately, we cannot use it to identify the exact series you need.

I also noticed that the top sash guide on the top corner of the sash appears to be broken. Before you can install the replacement balances, you'll need to repair this as well. I will also need to see a photo of an undamaged guide to identify the right replacement.

I've also included two videos below. They are tutorials that show how to repair a jammed window and how to replace the top sash guides.

Sorry it took me so long. Please find attached the pictures for the top and bottom plastic attachments.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balancer bottom attachment.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balancer top attachment.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Although, I will need to see the balances removed from the window, as requested above. It is important to see the hook and wheels at the bottom of the balance. You'll also need to have it removed to confirm the measurement for the depth of your bottom shoe.

From what I can see, it appears that you may have shoe with a 7/8" depth, which means this is likely to be a custom assembly. In which case, I'll need to know the exact number of balances you intend to purchase; there is an order minimum of (2) balances for custom orders.

Profile view of a winged balance attachment
Profile view of a winged balance attachment

We stress the importance of confirming all of the correct information since custom-made assemblies are non-refundable and cannot be returned.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Will try to get those measurements and a picture of the balancer outside the window ASAP.
Thank you.

Okay, great! Please send the information when you are able.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have in the meantime.

I finally was able to remove the balancers and make the pictures you request.

it seems to me the balancers look good. But can't say for sure. Given the shoe is 1", I would think the 380 model, 26 in, 2530 would be the correct replacement ones.

What is definitely broken are the top guides on both sides.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balancers specs P4 2B3.jpg

Thanks for the photos! Ultimately, you will need to determine if the balances need to be replacement. I'm sorry to say that I would not be able to confirm that from the photos. However, if the shoe measures 1" then the S380-26 with the 2530 stamp would be correct.

In regard to the top sash guide, I'll need to see an undamaged version of this part, as requested. This is to ensure we are providing you with the correct replacement. I'll also need to see a photo of the guide from a front profile view.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sorry for the simple question but this is the first time I am doing this.

What would be the indications I could use to determine that the balancers need to be replaced?

You'll need to examine the balances for any notable damage to the wheels and string on the pulley system or the spring. The only other way to determine this is once you've replace the top sash guides and installed the balances. If the window functions properly once installed, chances are they won't need to be replaced.

I hope this helps!

Please find attached the pictures for the sash guides
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2024-04-24 12.18.15.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2024-04-24 12.23.50.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2024-04-24 12.24.08.jpg

Thanks for the photos. You top sash guide looks a lot like the 18-166 5/8" Top Sash Guide. To determine if this is the correct replacement for your existing guide, carefully review and compare the dimensions below.

Detail of 18-166
Detail of 18-166

Profile view of 18-166
Profile view of 18-166

Looks like it, Jasmine. Will give it a shot. Thank you!
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.